Friday, April 27, 2007

Life

Sometimes the experience of life is more important than where you are headed in life. I mean, sometimes we are so caught up in the vision of our future that present opportunities slip right through our fingers. Then we look back and wonder why we didn't take advantage of life when we had the opportunity. As Americans, we are so focused on the future, on "making it", on success and financial freedom that we forget that NOW is all we have. Now is the moment we have to make a difference. Now is the moment in which we have to live. The battle cry "Carpe Diem" that my friend Bill Moody is so fond of yelling out on youth trips at 6AM makes more sense to me the older I get. The moment is all we have. Each moment is golden, a precious gift not to be wasted and a treasure all by itself. Even the painful moments are ones that bring living into sharper relief. I pray that God will continue to make me fully alive and fully aware every moment that I breathe, and I pray that my children will learn to live their lives this way, too.

Carpe Diem!!!

No comments: