Sunday, August 27, 2006

Psalm 112

So today, I'm in desparate need of some encouragement, and I read through some Psalms (well, skim through is more like it) and I read Psalm 112 from the Message translation. Incredible. What spoke to me most was the part that says a person who fears God is "unfazed by rumor and gossip" and is "relaxed in the presence of their enemies".

So you know how it feels when you think (you know) people have been talking about you behind your back and more than likely they have been saying things that aren't true. That's a horrible feeling. But if I fear God, I will be unfazed by that. In other words, it won't matter. And I can relax in the presence of my enemies. That means that around those people who just don't care for me or have no desire to support me, I don't have to get all riled up and nervous. It's all good because I fear God. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I really love how the Bible supports itself all the way through.

Anyway, I couldn't ask for more encouragement than what I received today. God is an amazing provider who comes through at the precise moment we are convinced we cannot take anymore. And he turns mourning into dancing.

Other thoughts:
Prayer walking is infinitely cooler than I imagined
ARBC youth are blowing me away
My kids were a blast at a wedding reception
God is good
God is good
God is amazingly good.

No comments: