Monday, August 21, 2006

Great minds

So, it's nearly midnight and I'm finally doing something that I've been meaning to do for a while. It's a blog. That I control. This should be fun.

There is too much on my mind these days. Way too much. My thoughts weigh me down and I spend more time distracted by musings on past conversations and outrageous statements than I should. Don't you hate it when you think of the perfect thing to say well after the opportunity to say it has passed? Ugh. At any rate, I can't solve the problems I'm dealing with. I just need to figure out how to operate within them without losing my sanity.

Grace is something I think about a lot at times like this. It's grace that allows us life, whether we acknowledge our Creator or not. It's grace that allows us to think, to speak, to act. And so much of what we think, speak, and act like is so ridiculous...but we think we are smart and have it all figured out. And grace is somewhere buzzing around in the background when it should be at the forefront of our thoughts...tattooed on our foreheads. Grace is not something that should ever ever be in the background. Grace there is not important enough for us to seek out, to allow to change us. But grace in the forefront is when we begin to understand it and begin to extend it, and it becomes life support. There is only one source of real grace. And it's the same source as real life. Grace, life, abundance. Wow.

So, there is no need for me to rehash conversations and wish I had said the clever life changing thing at the precise right moment. Grace covers more than I could ever fix.

No comments: