Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Rock the City!!!



Obviously there's a story behind this video. Well, there are many stories...but mine is that somehow I ended up being the "host", "narrator", "reporter", (?) for this webcast. What fun! There were several segments we taped with minimal scripting, so it wasn't hard work at all. I got to see what goes into putting a clip like this together and enjoyed working with the AV crew that day.

I also was behind the scenes in another capacity. I worked with BGEA staff to put the guest rooms together backstage, lined up merch workers (all volunteers!) recruited a camera crew, and found drivers who could run bands and personnel for the day. PLUS, I've been able to work with some of the most talented, personable, Christ-like youth ministers in the area. Great men and women who are intentionally following Jesus and lighting up the world as they go. And to make it even more than I could have even imagined, the guitarist for Group 1 Crew asked me to take pix of them while they played...what?

But the best part of the day, no doubt, was in seeing 350 students and adults begin a relationship with Jesus. Chills...

God is good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sell me your old Canon and then you can buy your new one! LOL

Anonymous said...

SusieQ-Saw your Third Day pics on their web-site. Thanx for posting...they are truly awesome!!
Angie M. (Nebraska)